Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ibanez Grx20 BKN Review










My Review on Ibanez GRX20 Series
Black Knight Finish, Rosewood Fretboard, Maple Neck, Agatis Body, 2 Powersound Humbucker Pickups.

Price paid: $ 170

Purchased from: Music Centre

Features: The guitar is a normal 22 fret guitar, laminated top. There is one volume and one tone nob which makes for easy control. // 6
Sound: This definitely suits all music styles, I play everything from acoustic emo, to synth rock, to death metal, and it plays all of those very well. I'm currently using a Peavey Blazer 158 amp with the Ibanez Super Tub pedal. Yea I know, old pedal, but it's still kicking and working perfectly. It gives a beautiful rich acoustic clean sound and the heaviest full lead sounds. The tone can give the meatiest bass sound or the crunchiest grunge sounds. I especially love that grunge sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It is a very well set up guitar, well adjusted and great strings out of the factory. The only string that broke on me out of it was the low E and that was about 11 months after i had owned it. The pickups although are a little loose, the one closest to the fretboard is bent down a little after some... tough playing, but it still sounds like it was brand new despite this little incident, and i'm sure it can be fixed if it causes any serious problems. // 8

Reliability & Durability
: This guitar will withstand live playing, and I don't need a back up when I've got this. It is the most durable guitar ever, I bet I could smash it against the ground, pick it up, maybe repair a few strings, and it would sound fine. I've had it for a year or so and the hardware is in excellent shape, and I do have a scratch or two on the paint but it's not a problem. The strap buttons although can get very insecure, expecially the bottom one. // 10

Impression: This is a great guitar especially for beginners. I love every part of this guitar accept for the minor problems but like out of tuning a bit. Recommended for beginners and intermediate. // 10

No comments:

Post a Comment